Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust
Home Classifieds Galleries/Contests Forum Featured 4 Advertise Contact Us About Us Log In/Join
Go Back

Add "bsquare17" to your Buddy List! 
 Members Profile: bsquare17   

Profile Photo:
About Me:
Category: Writers 
Date Joined: Dec. 29, 2011
Last Login: Dec. 29, 2011   Time: 11:31 AM
Total Logins: 1
Judged: None
Bio/Description: Its easy to swim with the sharks when you know what to feed them.

Some clients can be really tough. If you dont deliver what they want, they can chew you up and spit you out. Thats why its important to make sure you feed them good concepts and follow up with great copy.

This is where experience makes the differencenot just the kind of experience one lists on a resume, but also the real-life experiences that fill the creative basket with a wide variety of subjects and emotions. The kinds of experiences that can translate passion into product.

For actual work experience, I'd be happy to share my resume. This introduction is dedicated to the life experiences that have contributed to developing my skills as a creative copywriter.

Ive been snorkeling with manatees in Florida. Ive been parasailing in Puerto Vallarta. I was one of the first babies adopted in 1964. I was born in Toledo, Ohio, grew up in Northern Virginia, worked in Washington, D.C., spent my summers at my familys cabin in the mountains of Maine, eventually moved to Houston, Texas, lived in Detroit, Michigan for ten years, found my way back to Toledo, spent a couple of years in Little Rock, Arkansas and now Im back in Virginia.

Ive been to the pony round-up in Chincoteague. Ive fallen to my knees at the edge of the Grand Canyon. Ive haggled with souvenir vendors in Punta Cana. During a visit to Arizona, I made it a point to stop and play the piano in a saloon in Tombstone. I am a certified PADI (Professional Association of Dive Instructors) diver. I was the editor of my college newspaper. Ive hiked parts of the Appalachian Trail. Ive done some print and runway modeling, and I have appeared as an extra in a few television commercials. At the moment Im learning German so I can better communicate with my in-laws in Deutschland.

The number of bones that I've broken almost matches the number of stitches I've received. I sold peanuts in the original Houston Astrodome for a season so I could watch baseball games for free. I take pretty good photos. Ive read the Bible. Im a decent cook. I enjoy the arts. I know why there are so many shipwrecks off the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Ive seen Niagara Falls and the Alamo. And I believe it is a mistake to add anything to a splash of 18-year-old, single malt Scotch.

Of course, theres more, but the bottom line is that a good copywriter should know a little about a lot. And Im a good copywriter.

If you have any questions or would like to view my portfolio, please feel free to contact me.

Specialties: Feature articles
What's in it for me?: I am a freelance writer currently working for a number of area (Hampton Roads, Virginia) magazines, marketing firms, and advertising agencies. I am always looking for new assignments and opportunities.

What's in it for you?: Great copy, delivered on your timeline.

Home Page  |  Advertise  |  Contact Us
©2010 MUTT Online & Online Connexions, Inc.